Friday, July 17, 2009

Praise the Lord for answers to prayer!

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9. "As for God, his way is perfect:" Ps. 18:30.

Praise the Lord for a huge answer to prayer yesterday afternoon! It was so unexpected, but perfect timing. But God has a reason for everthing He does even the time He does it!

I was pondering last week our recent move to Lowville , and at the same time thanking the Lord for the wonderful house he's given us. When we first moved to NY I really thought we were going to live on base, I would meet lots of Army wives, you know, do the whole military spouse thing...ON BASE! However, when we got to Ft. Drum, we were told we had a year to a year and a half wait to get a house. BTW, it doesn't mean anything if you've filled out an advanced housing application...they don't even put your name on the list till you get there.

Of course I was disappointed, but wondering what God had in store for us, as I knew there had to be a reason why we weren't going to live on base....we recently checked the waitlist status and we had not moved. I gave it up to the Lord that if He wanted us to stay in Lowville, so be it, but please send me a friend for fellowship! I really wanted a good friend before my husband gets deployed in five months. I had met a few army wives, but other than being in the army and having children, there wasn't much else in common. I thought to myself at one point, how desperate am I for friendship that I can risk what my children are exposed to....not that desperate. So I'll wait on God! Every woman needs a close friend to share life with. You swap stories of your kids, recipes, decorating ideas, sewing, scrapbooking, ect....you look to each other for encouragement, marriage or mothering advice, homeschool techniques....ect This was the first place I had moved to that I didn't know a single person and it was kinda driving me nuts...I'm a people person.....there are LOTS of Amish and Mennonites here, but they tend to keep to themselves. As well as the story we started attending is 30 minutes away, so it can be kind of hard to get with anyone, and most of the families lived on base.

Getting back to my story :) I told the Lord if it was His will, He'd work it out and He'd send the right friend at the right time! Well, I just never thought it would be my next door neighbor!!!!

The girls were having a tea party and I felt the Lord telling me to walk the girls next door and invite the little girl over to have a tea party with us. She looked like she was about Genevieve's age. So the little girl came running over...:) Genevieve and Haleigh were so excited to have their first friend over! My neighbor introduced herself and we chatted about the kids, I mentioned I homeschooled, and then she said she was a Christian, and I said, "really, I am too!" To which she replied that she was an Independent Baptist! I think my mouth fell open....the funny thing was, I could feel my eyes starting to water and I think we just looked at each other an amazement! She went on to say, how hard it was to find friends who believed the same and wanted the same home she wanted for her kids! It was such a huge blessing and I was so excited about what the Lord had done for me....not only did He give me a Christian friend, but she lives next door, so even when the snow is 8 feet high, she can still come over for a cup of coffee when my husband's in Iraq! :) We must've stood outside for 3 hours talking non-stop about everything under the sun. There was so much we had in common...one thing funny is her daughter's name is Avery, which I have an Avery...and she also has two boys and two girls. They also have a Bible study group during the week...which will be awesome when blizzards come and I'm not able to make it to church! We ended our visit with me loaning her a cookbook (Nourishing Traditions) and her giving me several pounds of grass-fed beef that they raise, and soup bones!!!!!!!! So actually God answered two prayers, a Christian friend and a source of a good unprocessed meat! :) PTL!

3 comments:

sasicas said...

Thats great!!

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you found a friend!

Unknown said...

You can't know how happy I am for you. What an amazing answer to prayer!
God is good!!!