Monday, August 10, 2009

The Red Chair

Good Afternoon! I spent a lazy weekend with my kids...playing games, watching a movie and just chillaxin' :) Today I got busy with some projects I accumulated Saturday. Somebody stuck a pile of goodies by their house with a FREE sign..We just so happened to be taking a walk to the library and walked down the street to investigate! We took home lots of stuff...some lady had a wheelbarrel full already before we got there...anyway, I loaded my van with tons of baskets to hang from my pot rack, adorable black and creme plaid lamp shade, TV (not that I needed one, but figured I might could use it for dvd lessons this school year)purses, beach chair, 2 home interior mirrors, and an antique chair!!!! What a find!!! Sooooo...I got right to work on my chair! I not only have a shoe fettish, but now I'm into chairs, and apparently lampshades, because I keep bringing them home...I really need to take before and after pictures of my projects...but I get excited and get right to work before I think about taking any pictures. This chair was pretty weathered and just a wood look...I sprayed a white primer on it, put a crackle underneath, and spray-painted it Red for the topcoat...then a took the FREE cushion I also got and covered with red ticking. I won this mini toile pillow on ebay and threw on the chair..don't know if it will stay but I'm lovin' my red chair...it's cheery! :)





So if you're wondering what this has to do with life in the army, I assure you it helps pass the time while my husband is away...AND we just moved in this house two months ago...and since we sold everything before moving 2 years ago...I'm still hunting for furniture to fill my house...AND I'm lovin all the deals I'm running into :)

Normally I enjoy exploring the outdoors on trails and in parks...but with all the rain I have stocked up on plenty of projects to keep me busy in the house!

I'm contemplating opening an Etsy store for the rugs and other crafts I've been sewing...Shall I call it The House Of Dreams Boutique????

Hope you had a good and productive Monday...well, mine are work days anyway:) XOXO

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Aubrey's House of Dreams. I'd shop there! Great finds! You should become an interior decorator!

HOPE said...

MEEE TOOOO!Perfect name!

and...why can't I find a chair like that in white for my sewing room!

Cute RED chair!