Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thoughts of today.






"When you can't change the direction of the wind, adjust your sails."

This is my quote for today.

Sometimes....life doesn't go the way you planned. Another priority takes precedence over another. Things happen and you have to make new plans.

Sometimes...in our planning we forget to add God to the equation...then God changes the direction of the wind...and WE must adjust our sails.

If we don't...we are fighting, miserable, ungrateful, selfish, and there is no joy.

Immediately when we CHOOSE to adjust our sails, we experience a calm, peace, and contentment.

I'm learning it is a choice!

Everyday I must choose to have a good attitude, to be thankful, to enjoy the little things, and leave the rest up to God.

Instead of choosing to fight the change in the wind, find joy and contentment another way.

Be thankful I serve an awesome God who is always changing the wind in my sails when I'm headed away from Him.

No comments: