Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dear Diary....prayers for our soldiers

This morning soldier called to tell me he is homesick! Thursday
will be 4 weeks into deployment.

My soldier and I both are both history buffs..I'm guilty
for reading it for the fun of it! I love every piece and
it makes me proud to see my children starting to have a passion
and love for history too.

Soldier said they were talking about great men of war and
Stonewall Jackson became the topic. Apparently, Stonewall
Jackson was known for going to battle with nothing but his
sword. When asked why he only took his sword to battle, here was
his response:


"Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in
battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do
not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter
when it may overtake me." He added, after a pause, looking me
full in the face: "That is the way all men should live, and
then all would be equally brave"


Photobucket
This was actually a comfort to the small squad sitting
there in Afganistan last night as they reflected on this
great man's words. To know that God was in control and it
was all in His timing and they should fight the war with all
the bravery and valour they possess!

Amazing how to this day, Stonewall Jackson can still have
such influence in that tent among those soldiers today!!!

I'm so proud of my soldier and all those serving our country
now and years gone by!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship,
support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and
success of liberty." ~John F. Kennedy

ARMY WIFE

2 comments:

HOPE said...

Amen...In my readings in the Old Testament..I find such great comfort of all the battles of VICTORY won ...because of obedience to trust in GOD. So many victories with a few men but a HUGE GOD!!

God in HIS faithfulness has left us not only HIS WORD..but great men such as you have posted..in our own history of America..

They exist today also...in our Armed Forces!

Men like your soldier..men like your G'pas..Dad and brothers...

God bless you both..with a peaceful rest in our GOD of all comfort..and VICTORIES!

I love you...

J.H said...

Wish your soldier sound and safe.
Hey, I am sure that one day you have a chance to visit England, and if you do please let me know :-)