Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hiking

So the worst nightmare a hiker fears...maybe one of the nightmare's...I left my keys and had to hike ALL the way back to get them. We half ran half sprinted back to make beat the sun going down. Thankfully, my keys were there and I remembered the exact spot I left them. I didn't bring a backpack...I ALWAYS bring a backpack...this was supposed to be a short, happy hike with some friends...no biggie...till I left my keys...then it turned into a longer hike! I'm certain my friend might never hike with me.

Nevertheless, we enjoyed our fall hike, the fresh air, and the beautiful fall colors. The river was rushing, foaming, and churning madly, loudly downstream towards the dam....the dam was overflowing. Right then I was wishing for a wet suit and a red kayak!!!






I hope you are enjoying your fall! Hot cups of apple cider, cinnamon and mulled cider candles, colored trees, picking apples, and apple pie, sitting around the fire pit roasting marshmellows, mums and pumpkins....what is your favorite thing about Autumn?
Yours Truly~
Aubrey




5 comments:

HOPE said...

Oh no...we FORGOT to roast marshmallows with the kids!!! I gotta come baaaaaaaaack!

Gorgeous photos!!!

Lucy..you must remember to bring your backpack!!!

HUGS

A said...

You lucky girl!!!

p/s: and of course you look great :-)))

Unknown said...

Oh boy! Glad everything ended well. Hey can I drop by for some spiced cider at your house? it is too hot here for spiced cider- mid 80s is not spiced cider temp so we are drinking ours cold. :-)But that is okay cause I am holding the sweetest lump of brown sugar!

Perspective said...

Boy oh boy! You make me laugh...Don't know what I'd do without you! Beautiful memory, beautiful pictures and beautiful you...Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am struggling with organizing my house and my life right now! Like you, I am very spontaneous and I actually love it, but I think I need to have some structure too. Lovely blog!!! Diane A