Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

A Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies and fill-in mommies!!!







A very special tribute to my mother...I wish I could've been there to celebrate this day with her. :( There are some people in your life that hallmark can't even put poetry to...there just isnt enough words or space to say all you want to...that's how I felt shopping for this mother's day card.







Every once in awhile you pen the exact words you want to tell the person and at other times words seem to fail you because what you're feeling inside is so much bigger than what you want to say!!







I wrote my mother a letter years ago when my kids were toddlers that said something like....thank you for reading me a book when you were too tired from running after us all day, thank you for all things you bought us when you needed a new pair of shoes, thank you taking us to the park when you needed a nap ......







and something to the affect that I could've filled a swimming pool with as many cups of water as I had handed out that day.....I remember I was feeling overwhelmed that day, exhausted, wondering if I really "knew what caused it" having had 4 kids under the age of 4, and finally realizing what my poor mother went through with five of us. I'm kinda shocked I didn't get birth control instead of flowers from her at the hospital with my first one! ;) Anyway, I was compelled to sit that day and write her a letter to let her know that I NOW understood the sacrifices and the love she had for us growing up.







I am greatly indebted to my mother....Ihope she knows how much she is loved, needed, and appreciated!!


Aubrey xo

1 comment:

HOPE said...

No words to express from MOM either Aubrey. Thank you for a lovely "tribute"...such a joy to a Mother's heart and soul to know that she had a GOOD affect upon her children...that they one day understand the depths of Mother's LOVE and that mostly of the LORD JESUS CHRIST. I thank my God always...for saving me...so that I could pass this wonderful gift of his Grace to my children to grasp. How grateful "I am" for your salvation, your loving heart, your dedication as a Mother to your own children and for blessing my life with theirs...to have sweet, obedient, and spiritually minded g'children is all the more added to the "little bit of Heaven on Earth" we share...BECAUSE OF HIM...the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Thank you for loving me...
I love you very much.
YOUR..mom