Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

Well, I just seemed to have lost my blogging mojo...and my hubby is home:) I try to stay off the laptop when he's home as our time together is precious!

Homeschooling 4 kids has got me full to the gills. Our books haven't arrived yet, so I'm having to type and print worksheets, ect...a little more effort required on my part right now! The first couple weeks are always the hardest trying to find the groove and the schedule that works. Here is a pic of two of my "students" on lunch break and their friends next door.




It is gorgeous day today, sunny and breezy. Oh how I love fall! My absolute favorite time of the year, and I'm itching to climb Mt. Arab soon in the Adirondacks! Before winter comes. We ventured out yesterday and headed to the Mennonite market where I picked up all these wonderful healthy yummies!!! We have already consumed half the box of peaches as it was filled to the top! We got a whole crate of pears. I think I will can a lot of it before it has a chance to rot. Fresh, whole fruit is soooo delicious and sweet!



I made some goodies for my husband to munch on at work! Blueberry muffins and granola bars.





I will share my granola bar recipe here:

2 cups oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix these dry ingredients in bowl.

1/2 cup of oil
1/2 cup honey
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup br. sugar

Mix wet ingredients then add to dry ingredients.

Now add nuts and 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips!

Mix well. Oil 9X13 pan or cookie sheet. Spread granola evenly in pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. Should be golden brown.
Cut into bars. Enjoy!

These are great on-the-go snacks!

Hope you are having a good week!

1 comment:

HOPE said...

Cute pic of the kids...how sweet!

MMmm the fresh fruit does look yummy...and I will make your granola bars next week!

I know they are very good!!

Sewing for the girls today!! turning out CAAAUTE!!!

Love and hugs...