Tuesday, August 2, 2011

staying cool

 In Washington State, everyone kayaks or canoes on any kind of water…I didn’t even know there was more than one kayak till I moved there…but there is…a river kayak and an ocean kayak!  I love being outdoors, next to being on the trail, I LOVE being on the water.  It’s been in the upper 80’s here so we have been in the water when we have free time.  We took the kids canoeing…I prefer kayaking, but you can fit three people in a canoe and we needed to teach the kids a lesson or two in paddling before we stuck them in their own kayak.  They took to it really well! 017 013

014

What sort of fun are you doing to stay cool this summer???

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks fun! We just purchased a canoe this summer and use it at the beach run off by our house. I love a row in the evenings, nice way to wind down from the day :)

HOPE said...

So glad to see those SMILING faces having FUN..even SOLDIER..he deserves it!! I bet it felt great after being in such a HOT place as he was...

Wish I'd been there...

Love you all

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

This looks like so much fun!! They just look so adorable out there on the water!!

Carrie said...

We just spent the week camping with the entire Baker Clan. There were 2 kayaks there, and the kids were in them all day every day! The only time the kayaks weren't in the water was overnight. Sam and I had to steal them for a while, and it was fun!