Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday musings

It’s Sunday here and I thought I’d share something I was reminded of tonight!

This thought of being finite, human, limited in our abilities to do things at times…..can be an awakening!  Although when we find ourselves falling short of our goals or fixing our problems or everyone else’s…when we reach our limits…we get angry, sad, depressed, and aggravated.  Then we sometimes turn to other finite, human, limited beings to get advice on solving these issues in our life. …only to be disappointed.

I’m glad I know someone who is LIMITLESS!  When I couldn’t save myself, He did!  He is limitless in your marriage, in healing, in forgiveness, in providing wisdom to raise your children, in relationships, in mercy, in grace, and in love.  There is no limits with HIM…”with God all things are possible”. Whatever it is that your struggling with….He is a God without limitations.   There is no disease, no marriage, no family problems, no problem too big or too small that He cannot fix.

When there were only five loaves of bread and two fish to feed five thousand men, Jesus fed them all and took up twelve baskets full of leftovers!  John 6

“Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?”

Sometimes I believe God allows us to face our limits, so we can see He is limitless…we get to see Him work …watch Him perform miracles…When we reach our limits, it’s time to put our faith to the test, to trust Him and know that it’s okay that we can’t do it, because HE is our strength.  We have our strength in HIM. 

I’m also reminded that God does everything with a purpose! Whatever it is that we are going through….there is a purpose! There is a purpose to everything, no matter how great or small it may seem….to the end that good may come from it…that His purpose be fulfilled. 

So when you ask the ? “If God wouldn’t give me more than I can handle, why am I dealing with this?”  Maybe He doesn’t want you to handle it?  Maybe He just wants you to give it to Him…to the One who knows no limits!  There’s a sense of relief and peace when we come to the realization that we don’t have all the answers or the wisdom….but He does ….and I’m going to rest in the fact that He can handle it, and I’m just a vessel that He is using to fulfill His purpose!  He doesn’t expect me to “fix” it….It is only “through Christ” that we can do all things.  Only trust HIM.

 

Aubrey xo

 

4 comments:

HOPE said...

AMEN...I needed this reminde myself...sometimes we become overwhelmed and do think it's TIME for the fix and yet GOD is not done ....with the purpose.

The purpose is always to bring faith, whether more to us who do believe or to faith to those who do not yet know him...all to GLORIFY HIS name..not ours.

Thank you for sharing this timely need.

HUGS

Carrie said...

A great remnder.....thank you!

Reflections said...

"When we reach our limits, it’s time to put our faith to the test, to trust Him and know that it’s okay that we can’t do it, because HE is our strength."

I loved this post.....it's not like I didnt know but it's good to read it...to be reminded.

Thanks for sharing:-)!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, girl! Lately, I am def. taking all the encouragement that I can get along these lines. I keep reminding myself that God knows me better than I know myself and He knows what He is doing. That is really good, cause I certainly don't get it all and I am absolutely certain on many days that there is someone out there that would do a better job than I am doing. I know, I am here, and I am meant to be here and this is what keeps me keeping on through this tough stretch. Thanks for your encouragement here and on the phone too. Your the best!